Academic Research Writing for International Students
On-Demand: Enroll Now!
Who should take this course?
- Graduate students who consider themselves to be novice or near-novice academic research writers
- Graduate students who would like to review the basic principles of academic research writing
Why is this course unique?
Most graduate students are accustomed to reading research articles for their informational content. They seldom focus on how these articles are written or what they might be able to learn about writing from these articles. In this course, you will learn how to see academic research articles from a writer’s point of view, which will allow you to develop a deeper understanding of the cultural expectations of U.S. academic readers and how these expectations influence academic research writing. Watch our video to learn more about the approach of this course!
How long will it take for me to complete this course?
- Introductory Activities + 4 Modules
- 3 video lessons per module
- Electronically scored self-assessments for many lessons
- Suggested self-improvement activities for many lessons
- No scheduled meeting times
- Complete the modules at your pace
- Estimated time for completing each module 2-4 hours
- Comprehensive Final Assessment at the end of the course
Is there a required level of English language proficiency for taking this course?
Participants should have experience reading academic research articles. If you are unfamiliar with academic research articles and/or find the writing in them very difficult to understand, this course may not be appropriate for you.
How much does this course cost?
How do I apply?
If I have questions, who can I contact?