The Language Institute currently has 4 online courses to help you improve your professional communication in English for successful business interactions. Each course focuses on a particular area of communication in English and consist of 4-5 modules. Each module should take you no more than a week to complete.
Are you ready to sign up? See below for course start dates and more details about each of the courses.
Summer through Fall 2022 Access Dates: June 6, 2022 - December 16, 2022*
*Register at any time
This is a self-paced online course. You may register anytime while registration is open and will have access to the course during the published "Access Period" dates.
How to Register:
- Click on the 'Apply Now' button for the course that you would like to study.
- On the new webpage, find and click the 'Register' button. This adds the course to your cart.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 to add more courses to your cart.
- Go to your Cart.
- Click the 'Checkout' button.
- Click 'Create Attendee Account.'
- Enter your information and click the 'Create Attendee Account' button at the bottom fo the form.
- Submit payment for your course(s).
After you complete your registration follow the "How to Access Your Course Content."
How to Access Your Course Content
- Claim your Georgia Tech (GT) account, set up your GT account password and view your GT account username. This account is different from your account and password on the PE registration website.
- Claim your Georgia Tech (GT) account OR
- Check your inbox for an email with a direct link. NOTE: It may take up to an hour from registration for your GT account to be established and the email to be sent. We appreciate your patience.
- Note your GT username and password. You will need both to access your course materials.
- Log in to your course with the course platform delivery link below.
Course Delivery Platform
Click the yellow boxes below to learn more about each course and apply.
- Write effective emails and correct errors
- Learn about tone and formality in emails
- Increase grammar and vocabulary
- Gain cross-cultural knowledge
- Boost your professional speaking skills
- Practice agreeing/disagreeing, clarifying, summarizing, and restating
- Engage in group discussions, presentations, and interviews
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective body language
- Learn specific English writing skills for different types of business communications
- Write cover letters, mission/vision statements, proposals, processes and reports
- Organize, design and write clear text for powerful slide presentations
This course was designed to help you advance professional English communication skills that you may already have or that you have learned through our online courses Writing Professional Emails in English and Speak English Professionally. If you do not have much experience in professional communication, we recommend that you complete those two courses first before proceeding with this one.
- Study cultural influences on communication more thoroughly
- Develop your email accuracy and style to enhance engagment
- Polish and perfect your pronunciation through more connected speech