Coming to a new country to study can be a stressful experience. We put together the following information to help you prepare for your trip at Georgia Tech.
- Apply for Your US Visa: Review the EducationUSA webpage covering the process of applying for an F-1 student visa. EducationUSA advising centers offer assistance with preparing for visa interviews and offer pre-departure orientation.
- : If you are applying for an F-1 visa, use these instructions to apply for your visa and pay the SEVIS fee. You can also find these instructions in your acceptance packet.
- : If you are interviewing for an F-1 visa, use these tips to prepare for your visa interview. You can also find these tips in your acceptance packet.
- Housing in Atlanta: Start researching housing options before you arrive to the US. This will make your first few days less stressful. You can arrange a homestay or campus housing before you arrive. Please note that campus housing is limited.
- : Get ready for your arrival in Atlanta with the pre-arrival information packet. It outlines what you need to bring, how to travel from the airport, where to stay after you arrive, and what to expect the first week.
- : Read this flyer for details on the Spring 1 2017 placement test, registration, orientation, and other events for your first few days at the Language Institute.