Following guidance from the University System of Georgia and Georgia Tech, the Language Institute faculty and staff have been working remotely to deliver courses and programs to serve our students. Since March 15, 2020, all of the Language Institute’s spring and summer courses have been virtual. With effort by each one of us and some adjustments in the way we teach, learn, and interact with one another in classrooms and labs, workspaces, and everywhere else on campus, we will be able to resume our activities and deliver on our mission while minimizing the risk for our community. Beginning August 10, the Language Institute business office will be open in person on an appointment basis Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; and Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
The Covid-19 situation is fluid, and guidance will likely change over time, but our priorities will stay the same: to protect the health and safety of the campus community and to communicate clearly and consistently.
- For the Fall 1 and 2 2020 sessions, we are committed to providing a safe study option that will include hybrid learning opportunities.
- Classes will be offered virtually with some in-person options as circumstances permit. Planning for fall is underway and additional details on what this looks like will be shared soon.
Safety & Prevention
- As we move toward reopening of campus, we ask you to take all recommended safety precautions including maintaining a six foot physical distance from others.
- Everyone is required to wear a cloth face covering while on campus. Cloth face coverings are important in preventing transmission from asymptomatic individuals who have Covid-19.
Sanitization & Cleaning
- Building managers and Facilities Management will adhere to numerous cleaning procedures intended to limit the spread of Covid-19 and promote a healthy and safe campus.
Please reach out to me directly to discuss options for fall. We are excited to see all of our students but know the current situation poses concerns and risks. We are here to help you make the best decision for your goals! Again, please monitor the TECH Moving Forward website for the most up to date campus information, and the GTLI website for our current plans.
When you have questions or require support, please email the following contacts:
- Immigration & Registration: email@example.com
- Refunds: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical and Insurance: email@example.com
- Student Life and Housing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Inquires: email@example.com
GTLI remains committed to providing excellent service to all of our stakeholders. We look forward to working with you virtually to continue supporting GT's global mission.
Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding as we test our pandemic continuity of operations plan. If you have any questions or need additional support, please do not hesitate to contact us.
GTLI's tutoring center continues to operate in a virtual environment. Students may sign up for a tutoring appointment online at https://gatech.mywconline.net.
Communications to Students
GTLI will continue to use the In The Know course in Canvas as the primary channel of communication with IEP students. Students should check the Announcements tab in In The Know and check their GT email accounts for communications sent through Canvas.