UPDATE: April 6, 2021
Georgia Tech has announced that classes will be 100% in person for Fall 2021, except for specific online programs, and the Language Institute will follow this example beginning with the Fall 1 IEP session.
For the Summer IEP session, the Language Institute will begin the transition back to in-person classes. Classes will meet four days each week (Monday through Thursday) during the summer, with no class meetings on Friday. For the first four weeks of instruction (June 7-July 2), we plan to be 25% in person, with each class spending one day in the O'Keefe Building each week and doing the three other days online. After the break, we plan to move to 50% in person (two days per week in the building) for the remaining four weeks (July 12-August 6). Summer activities will be primarily in person.
All students who are currently enrolled are encouraged to consider obtaining the Covid-19 vaccine, which is available by appointment through the student health center, to support a safe return to in-person classes. Visit the student health center's website to learn more about receiving the vaccine on campus.
View sample class schedules for the Summer, Fall 1, and Fall 2 IEP sessions.
View frequently asked questions regarding our transition back to campus.
Do you have additional questions? Email your questions to askGTLI@pe.gatech.edu.
Following guidance from the University System of Georgia and Georgia Tech, the Language Institute faculty and staff have been working remotely to deliver courses and programs to serve our students. Since March 15, 2020, all of the Language Institute’s courses have been virtual or hybrid. With effort by each one of us and some adjustments in the way we teach, learn, and interact with one another in classrooms and labs, workspaces, and everywhere else on campus, we are able to maintain our activities and deliver on our mission while minimizing the risk for our community.
The GT Language Institute is currently holding most classes and business operations remotely. The building is not open to visitors. Students, please check Canvas and your GT email for updates. You may also contact your instructor for information about your classes. All other inquiries may be submitted by email to email@example.com
What to Expect
The Covid-19 situation is fluid, and guidance will likely change over time, but our priorities will stay the same: to protect the health and safety of the campus community and to communicate clearly and consistently.
- We are committed to providing a safe study option that will include hybrid learning opportunities.
- Classes will be offered virtually with some in-person options as circumstances permit. Planning for fall is underway and additional details on what this looks like will be shared soon.
Safety & Prevention
- As we move toward reopening of campus, we ask you to take all recommended safety precautions including maintaining a six foot physical distance from others.
- Everyone is required to wear a cloth face covering while on campus. Cloth face coverings are important in preventing transmission from asymptomatic individuals who have Covid-19.
Sanitization & Cleaning
- Building managers and Facilities Management will adhere to numerous cleaning procedures intended to limit the spread of Covid-19 and promote a healthy and safe campus.
We are excited to see all of our students but know the current situation poses concerns and risks. We are here to help you make the best decision for your goals! Again, please monitor the TECH Moving Forward website for the most up to date campus information, and the GTLI website for our current plans.
When you have questions or require support, please email the following contacts:
- Immigration & Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds: email@example.com
- Medical and Insurance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Life and Housing: email@example.com
- General Inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
GTLI remains committed to providing excellent service to all of our stakeholders. We look forward to working with you virtually to continue supporting GT's global mission.
Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding as we test our pandemic continuity of operations plan. If you have any questions or need additional support, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Communications to Students
GTLI will continue to use the In The Know course in Canvas as the primary channel of communication with IEP students. Students should check the Announcements tab in In The Know and check their GT email accounts for communications sent through Canvas.