- To cancel your registration before classes begin, fill out the and return it to the Language Institute by fax or email. Your application and mail fees will not be refunded.
- If you are unable to attend the intensive English program for the session to which you have applied, complete the and return it to the Language Institute by email or fax.
- First-time deferments are subject to a $50 mailing fee charge for your new I-20. Additional deferments are subject to another application fee ($100) as well as the $50 mailing fee.
Please review the Language Institute's Deferral Policy for the Transfer of Fees to the Next Session.
- Withdrawals through Week 2 of a session are subject to a cancellation fee. See Refund Policy below. No refund is available for withdrawals after Week 2.
- Deferments through Week 2 of a session are also subject to a cancellation fee. See Refund Policy below. You will not receive a refund of your tuition; your tuition money will be applied to the next session. No deferments after Week 2.
- To withdraw from or defer to a session, follow the steps below:
- If you are withdrawing from the session or deferring your enrollment to the next session, complete a . You will need to indicate your last day of attendance, the reason you are withdrawing or deferring, and your address and contact information. You will also need signatures from all your teachers and the signature of the director or associate director.
- The Language Institute does not support departing before the end of a session. Early departure may result in receiving failing grades and/or being placed on probation for the following session.
- If you are eligible for a refund, bring your original receipt of payment, the credit or debit card that you used for payment, and your GT Buzz Card to Room 108 in the O'Keefe Building.
- Note: If you are on an F-1 visa, you must depart the United States immediately after you withdraw from the program. Proof of departure is required by providing a plane ticket showing your departure date from the US.
Refund requests must be submitted for approval before the Friday of the second week of the session and must include the following:
1. A complete early withdrawal form (available at the front desk)
2. Please submit your forms to Mary Ellen Whelan (Room 108) or Greg Rountree (Room 102).
Scholarship students who withdraw from the program are required to self-pay for their tuition and required fees prior to departure from the Language Institute. Please review the Language Institute's Cancellation and Refund Policy.
If you have questions about these policies: