- To cancel your registration before a session starts, complete our online Change of Plans Form. Your application and mail fees will not be refunded.
- If you are unable to attend the intensive English program for the session to which you have applied, complete our online Change of Plans Form
- All deferrals are subject to a deferral fee. Please review our deferral policy on the How to Apply page.
If you submitted payment for tuition and fees for your first session before enrolling, you may request a full refund before the first day of the session or request a deferral of the payment to a future session. Learn more about the policy for IEP withdrawals after a session starts.
- Withdrawals during Weeks 1 and 2 of a session are subject to a cancellation fee.
- Review our payment refund policy.
- No payment refunds available for withdrawals after Week 2.
- Learn more about the policy for IEP withdrawals after a session starts.
- Deferrals through Week 2 of a session are subject to a fee.
- Review our payment deferral policy. You will not receive a refund of your tuition; your tuition money will be applied to the next session.
- No payment deferrals available for deferrals after Week 2.
To withdraw from or defer to a future session, follow the steps below:
- Complete a . You will need to indicate your last day of attendance, the reason you are withdrawing or deferring, and your address and contact information. You will also need the approval of the director or associate director.
- The Language Institute does not support departing before the end of a session. Early departure may result in receiving failing grades and/or being placed on probation for the following session.
- If you are eligible for a refund, the Language Institute will contact you to gather information necessary to arrange the refund.
- Note: If you are on an F-1 visa, you must depart the United States no later than 15 calendar days after you withdraw from the program. Proof of departure is required by providing a plane ticket showing your departure date from the US.
Refund requests must be submitted for approval before the Friday of the second week of the session. Students seeking a refund after withdrawal must first complete and submit a Withdrawal Form at istart.gatech.edu. If you are eligible for a refund, the Language Institute will contact you to gather information necessary to arrange the refund.
Scholarship students who withdraw from the program are required to self-pay for their tuition and required fees prior to departure from the Language Institute.