Our six-week courses for spouses are available during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Spouse courses are designed for spouses of the following:
- matriculated degree-seeking Georgia Tech students
- Georgia Tech J-1 visiting scholars or research scientists
- Georgia Tech employees
- Emory University MBA students who have taken Emory University’s Pre-MBA Program
Application and Fees
Each course is $110. Payment is due in full at the time of application. Tuition is non-refundable.
To complete the application, applicants must submit the following required documents:
- Application form
- Copy of passport
- Copy of J-2 or F-2 visa
- Copy of DS-2019 or I-20
- Copy of BuzzCard (if applicable)
Acceptable file types include .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .doc. To ensure successful processing of your uploaded document, your file must be named in the following format:
- Your Family Name, Your Given Name - Document Type
- Kim, Woo-jin - Passport
- Smith, James - Visa
- Alharbi, Mohammed - DS-2019 OR Alharbi, Mohammed - I-20
- Garcia Lopez, Miguel Angel - Buzzcard
A course may be canceled due to low enrollment. The Language Institute will notify applicants immediately by email if a course is canceled, and applicants will receive a full refund.
Selecting a Level of Study
The Language Institute does not provide a placement exam for short courses and allows applicants to select their own level of study. Applicants are strongly advised to use our Level Self-Assessment information to help determine which level is best for their current level of English proficiency. There will be no refunds after each sessions deadline.
Classes meet twice a week on Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays at the scheduled time from for six weeks.
All classes meet in the Biltmore Building.
Please check back later for future courses.